Welcome to my Bite-Sized Blog!
With me today is the hugely talented Sarah Hilary, creator of the fabulous D.I. Marnie series. Sarah has kindly agreed to answer some (potentially leading) questions about her process. First off, a little about her work.
1. You. The Writer. Tell us about your most recent work.
Book Title: Quieter Than Killing
2. Tell us a little more about yourself. In five words. Max.
“Superbly disturbing.” The Observer
3. Which writers inspired you? Name only five.
Patricia Highsmith, Helen Dunmore, Edgar Allan Poe, Muriel Spark, Saki.
4. What are you reading at present? Only one title allowed.
All the Wicked Girls by Chris Whittaker
5. What is your guilty pleasure? On this one, take your time, be as explicit as you like. We like dirt.
I don’t do guilt. That’s the thin end of a fat wedge.
6. What was your journey to getting published?
In five sentences.
1. Write. Rejection.
2. Write. Rejection.
3. Write. Rejection.
4. Write. Acceptance.
5. Auction. Publication.
7. Creative writing courses? Good or bad? Yes or no? One word answer.
8. Imagine this.
You are attending a dinner party with four fictitious book characters – who would they be and why?
Tom Ripley, Rupert Psmith, Clarice Starling, Merricat Blackwood.
Thank you Sarah, for taking the time to give us these wonderfully intriguing answers. I’m especially impressed that you don’t do guilt!